Check out this simple low-fat protein-packed spinach & lentil salad!
This salad has tons of antioxidants, protein, calcium & iron. It’s low in fat and sodium. Here’s how I made it…
- Lay down a bed of iron rich baby spinach (approx. 6oz)
- Top with cubed fresh mozzarella, halved grape tomatoes and avocado slices
- Add previously cooked and chilled lentils (approx. 3.5oz)
- Drizzle with your favorite vinaigrette (today I used a Briannas Champagne Caper Vinaigrette)
- Finish with cracked pepper and sea salt
TIP: Check out Trader Joe’s refrigerated section for convenient pre-cooked low-sodium lentils that taste great warm or cold!